Enforcing LAME to produce frames of the same size

Enforcing LAME to produce frames of the same size

ls ag
I have LAME producing frames of alternative size 104 and 105 bytes. How can I force it to produce each frame of 104 bytes?

Re: Enforcing LAME to produce frames of the same size

eblanca76

Il 04/04/2017 08:29, ls ag ha scritto:
> I have LAME producing frames of alternative size 104 and 105 bytes. How can I force it to produce each frame of 104 bytes?

I think you're dealing with some 44.1 kHz or 22.05 kHz content, encoded at 32 kbps.
Lame is creating some frames (the bigger ones) with an empty byte in order to match the target
bitrate of the audio stream, that is 32 kbps.
As far as I know there is no way of disabling this.
Elio

Il 04/04/2017 20:03, Elio Blanca ha scritto:

> Il 04/04/2017 08:29, ls ag ha scritto:
>> I have LAME producing frames of alternative size 104 and 105 bytes. How can I force it to produce each frame of 104 bytes?
>[...]
> As far as I know there is no way of disabling this.

Well, I didn't like this, and I created a patch in my lame repository which now allows users to
disable padding (this ability disappeared back in 2002, as stated in changelog) with command line
option "-d".
If you still need it, then try the branch "disable_padding" in my lame repository at
https://github.com/eblanca/lame/tree/disable_padding

The patch seems to be working, even though you know, as usual the whole stuff is provided with no
guarantees and with best wishes  :-)
Elio