FW: Lame development help.

gregTelevirtual

From: Greg [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 25 September 2006 11:40
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: Lame development help.

Hi,

My company Televirtual Ltd need to use an MP3 encoder in our prototype, the
LAME encoder has emerged as the likely MP3 encoder of choice.

We do have a slight technical problem in that the pcm we're creating is as
mono file, we believe that to get around this issue we need to copy our
buffer so we have two channels, left and right and feed them into
lame_encode_buffer() the main problem is however, using Microsoft visual
Studio. NET 2003 we get link error 2019: unresolved symbol
'lame_encode_buffer()' reference in function 'Our sound encode function'.
We've tried using all the other lame_encode functions and are having to make
do with lame_encode_buffer_interleaved() but this appears to half the
quality of the file output.  In short, we need to know a) the best way to
encode a mono pcm file and b)if this method doesn't use the interleaved
function what might cause the rest of them to generate the link error.

Any replies and any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Greg Conn

Re: FW: Lame development help.

Elad Karako
For linux & win32 use re-encode and force joint sterio, or sterio
Better simple but slow solution is to decode and then encode the wav file, I
recommanded using a shell's script or OAK's script
Combine with two exec' commands: decode+catch the wav result and re-encode
it as sterio.
Seems a good search in google about lame is recommanded to you...

Re: FW: Lame development help.

gregTelevirtual
thanks for the reply but I dont reall understnad what you mean.  What is re-encode?
I've been searching google for weeks now and i can't get anywhere with this.

Could you please explain what you mean further or direct me to somewhere you have found on google that explains this?

Kind regards

Greg

Elad Karako wrote
For linux & win32 use re-encode and force joint sterio, or sterio
Better simple but slow solution is to decode and then encode the wav file, I
recommanded using a shell's script or OAK's script
Combine with two exec' commands: decode+catch the wav result and re-encode
it as sterio.
Seems a good search in google about lame is recommanded to you...

WAV to MP3 using MP3Encoder.java

Ranganathan.Rajkumar
 Hi,

         I am trying to convert a Input format: PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16
bit, mono, 2 bytes/frame, little-endian to Mp3 using Mp3Encoder.java.
While I execute Mp3Encoder.java the execution brakes while the Mp3 file
is being written. The actual wave file plays for 2.5 min (there are
files of much bigger size too :), I picked this as starting conversion
point.)

 Here Is the output:

 C:\eclipse\MyEclipse>java Mp3Encoder test.wav  Input format: ULAW
8000.0 Hz, 8 bit, mono, 1 bytes/frame,  Output format: MPEG1L3 8000.0
Hz, unknown bits per sample, mono, unknown  frame s  ize, unknown frame
rate,  Writing test.mp3...

 I am not sure if I can paste a screen shot of a Microsoft Visual C++
Runtime Library Error, so I am writing it down as the screen shot says:

 Error: (Break up while writing Mp3 file using Mp3Encoder.java)

 Assertion failed!

 Program: C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe
 File: psymodel.c
 Line: 619

 Expression: thmm >=0

 Some Information to see VC++ document on gettig rid of Assertion with
Abort, Retry and Ignore button.

 Would be great if I get an response on why is this strange behaviour,
and  how to overcome this issue.

 I would also like to know how could I add the option --resample 44.1 to
Mp3Encoder.java.

 Eagerly awaiting for a response.

 Thanks in advance

 Thanks,
 Ranga

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
related financial instruments.

Re: WAV to MP3 using MP3Encoder.java

tech list
PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16