Fwd: Upgrade to Project Summary Pages - Lame

Fwd: Upgrade to Project Summary Pages - Lame

bouvigne
Hello,

I've received this mail tonight.
My intention is to refuse this change to our Sourceforge project
summary. Any objection?

(please watch the video in order to quickly help you decide :-) )

--
Gabriel

Re: Fwd: Upgrade to Project Summary Pages - Lame

Fabian Greffrath
Am Dienstag, den 27.10.2015, 13:29 +0100 schrieb [hidden email]:
> (please watch the video in order to quickly help you decide :-) )

I'd say that's a pretty good explanation of a rather common workflow,
or not?

 - Fabian

Re: Fwd: Upgrade to Project Summary Pages - Lame

Robert Hegemann
Hello Gabriel,

no objection from my side, I agree with you.

Ciao Robert

--
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day,

Re: Fwd: Upgrade to Project Summary Pages - Lame

Thomas Orgis
Am Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:32:51 +0100
schrieb Fabian Greffrath <[hidden email]>:

> Am Dienstag, den 27.10.2015, 13:29 +0100 schrieb [hidden email]:
> > (please watch the video in order to quickly help you decide :-) )
>
> I'd say that's a pretty good explanation of a rather common workflow,
> or not?

Really? Re-encode a MP3 to _constant_ rate non-joint stereo? Why is
that "recommened"? Also … firing up Audacity for that rather direct
non-interactive conversion task (not even selecting a part of the file
or so)? I guess my irony detector needs readjustment, just as the …
interesting … audio recording quality of that promotion video.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

Am Dienstag, den 27.10.2015, 23:41 +0100 schrieb Thomas Orgis:
> Really? Re-encode a MP3 to _constant_ rate non-joint stereo? Why is
> that "recommened"? Also … firing up Audacity for that rather direct
> non-interactive conversion task (not even selecting a part of the
> file
> or so)? I guess my irony detector needs readjustment, just as the …
> interesting … audio recording quality of that promotion video.

Oh, I apparently watched the video without sound (as I am used to in
office). But you are right, re-encoding to a constant bit rate is
rather strange. I thought they would just show what's possible and
decide for this specific solution, I didn't take this as a
recommendation.

Anyway, you decide, I have no strong opinion on this.

Cheers,

Fabian