LAME downgrade

Fritz Lang
To Whom It May Concern:

My car has the ability to play MP3 from a USB stick, but research (by others) has shown, that for some reason, it will not play LAME encoded after 3.95x.
Is there a way to step back the version on my Mac, currently 3.99x (I think) without making a mess?
The files that were 3.99 encoded were made with XLD v20151214.

Thanks,

Fritz

Re: LAME downgrade

Josep Maria Antolin
If anything, I think it should be more compatible. Are you sure that the
problem isn't about tags or album art? You could also try if using
mp3packer fixes those files. (The program is compiled for windows but I
think the source is available or you might be able to use wine)

Re: LAME downgrade

Maya R. Odinezenko
I, too, completely doubt it's the current version of LAME.  You can use MP3 Trimmer, its for OS X, and it works awesome.  Yeah it's an MP3 trimmer, but it also has an excellent scan and repair feature, too.

http://www.deepniner.net/mp3trimmer/

Yours,

Maya

Sent from Teléfono