Lame pop-up

Billy Rawl
I hope this message will reach the proper persons. It could be that you're
unaware of this, but recently in Internet Explorer 10 I began getting a
popup when I access pages with MP3 embedded files that reads as follows:

LAME MP3 codec v0.9.2 - 3.98.2

LGPL license

Steve Lhomme + LAME developers

http://www.mp3dev.org/

icon: Lucas Granto

I wouldn't mind the popup itself, but it prevented the page from loading
until I clicked "OK" on the popup, and that sort of interference could
easily be considered malware. I finally solved the problem by deleting the
LAME codec from my codec pack in Programs & Features, but if you want to
avoid other users ditching your software you may want to correct that
situation.

Billy Rawl

Captain (Retired)

Trans World Airlines, Inc. (RIP)

Re: Lame pop-up

Robert Hegemann
Hello Billy,

I guess you are using a Win7 x64 machine?

ACM codecs are problematic with Vista/Win7, Microsoft doesn't support
those anymore, as it seems. (missing config dialogs, etc.)

You can solve that problem by uninstalling the LAME ACM codec from
your machine, or install another codec by following this advice,
"MP3 ACM codec for x64 systems":

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=87076&hl=

The LAME ACM codec on your machine can't decode and is showing
you that dialog instead. If you install the FhG codec and give it a higher
priority on your system (which you can't as MS removed that dialog),
the decoding will work in your browser.

Ciao Robert