Re: Codex of input wav files

Kornsteiner, Birgit

Hi all,

I am currently developing a feature which encodes wav files to mp3 files
by lame_enc.dll. After my first tests I found out that I get only good
results when I am using wav files which uses PCM codex.

Is this correct that only PCM works good or are my settings wrong. I set
following parameters:

* SampleRate = 8000 Hz - as input wav files have
* ReSampleRate = 0
* Mode = mono - as input wav files have
* Bitrate = 32 - same bitrate as the input wav files
* EnableVBR = true

All other parameters are not configured by my class.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Best regards
Birgit

Re: Codex of input wav files

Alexander Leidinger
Quoting "Kornsteiner, Birgit" <[hidden email]> (from
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:25:32 +0200):

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently developing a feature which encodes wav files to mp3 files
> by lame_enc.dll. After my first tests I found out that I get only good
> results when I am using wav files which uses PCM codex.

Yes, LAME expects PCM samples. Any input conversation in the lame
command line executable is done in the code of the frontend which is
not included in the library.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
There is one difference between a tax collector and
a taxidermist -- the taxidermist leaves the hide.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137