Re: How to compile LAME on Mac

Alexander Leidinger
On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:23:09 -0800
Ramesh Snell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Aleidinger,
> I downloaded LAME V.3.99.2 (from Source Forge) on to my Mac and was
> wondering how to compile it? I am new to open source development and
> may not have all the right components installed.
> I’m happy if you simply forward me a link etc describing the
> processes and the pre- requisites.

I CCed the lame-dev list, there are more people which can answer.

Personally I don't use a mac and don't know how to compile it with the
graphical IDE. If you don't mind to use the terminal, you can go into
the folder with the source of lame and run "./configure && make". This
should adapt the build-process to your system (configure) and if
there's no problem it will build lame (make).

With "make install" you can then install lame (I would expect
to /usr/local/bin, but this is just a guess).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7