Re: Lame adding silence to the beginning of the mp3

Re: Lame adding silence to the beginning of the mp3

Robert Hegemann
Hello  Milivoj,

your decoder will have to read the data from the LAME header, so it knows
how many samples it has to crop from the beginning and end of the decoded
stream. MP3 streams are build of a series of frames, each frame
representing
a fixed amount of PCM samples when decoded. Without trimming, you'll
always have extra samples at start and end.

So, take care not to remove the LAME header from your mp3s and use a
sample accurate decoder.

Ciao Robert