Website update

bouvigne
Hello,

I've just noticed that our website (http://lame.sourceforge.net/) is not
up to date against the website in the repository
(http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/lame/doc/html/index.html).

So either we should update the website, or change it to redirect to the
pages directly pulled from the repository.

I'll have a look at it in september (unless someone does it before
myself)

Gabriel Bouvigne

Re: Website update

Robert Hegemann
Wait,

isn't the repository for the website there:

http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/webpages/?sortby=date#dirlist

in the website module?

Ciao Robert

Am .08.2017, 08:43 Uhr, schrieb <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I've just noticed that our website (http://lame.sourceforge.net/) is not
> up to date against the website in the repository
> (http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/lame/doc/html/index.html).
>
> So either we should update the website, or change it to redirect to the
> pages directly pulled from the repository.
>
> I'll have a look at it in september (unless someone does it before
> myself)
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Gabriel Bouvigne

Re: Website update

bouvigne
On 2017-08-02 14:32, Robert Hegemann wrote:
> Wait,
>
> isn't the repository for the website there:
>
> http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/webpages/?sortby=date#dirlist
>
> in the website module?

Yes, that's correct.
So actually the docs pages are more recent than the website ones (for
the ones which are common)

Re: Website update

Mp3 - Lame mailing list
Hello.
I'll take care of that. I'll also work on a much needed update of the links page (lots of dead links there)
Regards; --
Roberto José de AmorimMSc in Computer Science
Columbia University - New York

Re: Website update

Mp3 - Lame mailing list
I think the two folders are creating confusion. Maybe we should delete one of them?

I already deleted all files from the "newweb" module, no point keeping it there (alas, it seems Sourceforge won't allow me to delete the module itself)

Regards;

      De: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Para: Robert Hegemann <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
 Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 2 de Agosto de 2017 10:37
 Assunto: Re: [Lame-dev] Website update

On 2017-08-02 14:32, Robert Hegemann wrote:
> Wait,
>
> isn't the repository for the website there:
>
> http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/webpages/?sortby=date#dirlist
>
> in the website module?

Yes, that's correct.
So actually the docs pages are more recent than the website ones (for
the ones which are common)

Re: Website update

Robert Hegemann
FWIIW,

current lame 3.100 responses with "fatal error during initialization"
with those 3 files reported about "LAME multiple vulnerabilities".

Ciao Robert

Am .08.2017, 17:40 Uhr, schrieb Roberto José de Amorim <[hidden email]>:

> I think the two folders are creating confusion. Maybe we should delete one of them?
>
> I already deleted all files from the "newweb" module, no point keeping it there (alas, it seems Sourceforge won't allow me to delete the module itself)
>
> Regards;
>  --Roberto José de AmorimMSc in Computer Science
> Columbia University - New York
>

>       De: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>  Para: Robert Hegemann <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
>  Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 2 de Agosto de 2017 10:37
>  Assunto: Re: [Lame-dev] Website update
>On 2017-08-02 14:32, Robert Hegemann wrote:
>> Wait,
>>
>> isn't the repository for the website there:
>>
>> http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/webpages/?sortby=date#dirlist
>>
>> in the website module?
>>

> Yes, that's correct.
> So actually the docs pages are more recent than the website ones (for
> the ones which are common)

Re: Website update

Josep Maria Antolin
The docs/html files are the offline documentation of the program.
(althought the truth is that I've been using the cvs links from time to
time as an online resource for the information )

It was me who updated all those files back then, and opted to give them the
same look than the webpage, as well as using some of the info from the
webpage.

I don't think that one can replace the other, although probably, they could
be merged and used as such. (just keep in mind that it should still be used
as documentation)

In any case, yes, most probably the docs/html is more up-to-date.

> FWIIW,
>
> current lame 3.100 responses with "fatal error during initialization"
> with those 3 files reported about "LAME multiple vulnerabilities".
>
> Ciao Robert
>

> Am .08.2017, 17:40 Uhr, schrieb Roberto José de Amorim <[hidden email]
> >:
>
> I think the two folders are creating confusion. Maybe we should delete one
>> of them?
>>
>> I already deleted all files from the "newweb" module, no point keeping it
>> there (alas, it seems Sourceforge won't allow me to delete the module
>> itself)
>>
>> Regards;
>>  --Roberto José de AmorimMSc in Computer Science
>>
>> Columbia University - New York
>>

>>       De: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>>  Para: Robert Hegemann <[hidden email]>
>> Cc: [hidden email]
>>  Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 2 de Agosto de 2017 10:37
>>  Assunto: Re: [Lame-dev] Website update
>> On 2017-08-02 14:32, Robert Hegemann wrote:
>>
>>> Wait,
>>>
>>> isn't the repository for the website there:
>>>
>>> http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/webpages/?sortby
>>> =date#dirlist
>>>
>>> in the website module?
>>>

>> Yes, that's correct.
>> So actually the docs pages are more recent than the website ones (for
>> the ones which are common)

_ _ /~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-\
o o | Josep Mª [JAZ]                 |
 º  | Messenger: [hidden email] |
`-´ | Gtalk: [hidden email]       |
    \-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~/

Re: Website update

Mp3 - Lame mailing list
I see
That's indeed unfortunate, IMO, since all documentation changes require updating two different locations. It's almost unavoidable that those files will drift apart and require labor-intensive synchronization.

      De: Josep Maria Antolin <[hidden email]>
 Para: Robert Hegemann <[hidden email]>
Cc: Roberto José de Amorim <[hidden email]>; "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>; "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 2 de Agosto de 2017 14:41

The docs/html files are the offline documentation of the program.
(althought the truth is that I've been using the cvs links from time to
time as an online resource for the information )

It was me who updated all those files back then, and opted to give them the
same look than the webpage, as well as using some of the info from the
webpage.

I don't think that one can replace the other, although probably, they could
be merged and used as such. (just keep in mind that it should still be used
as documentation)

In any case, yes, most probably the docs/html is more up-to-date.

> FWIIW,
>
> current lame 3.100 responses with "fatal error during initialization"
> with those 3 files reported about "LAME multiple vulnerabilities".
>
> Ciao Robert
>

> Am .08.2017, 17:40 Uhr, schrieb Roberto José de Amorim <[hidden email]
> >:
>
> I think the two folders are creating confusion. Maybe we should delete one
>> of them?
>>
>> I already deleted all files from the "newweb" module, no point keeping it
>> there (alas, it seems Sourceforge won't allow me to delete the module
>> itself)
>>
>> Regards;
>>  --Roberto José de AmorimMSc in Computer Science
>>
>> Columbia University - New York
>>

>>      De: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>>  Para: Robert Hegemann <[hidden email]>
>> Cc: [hidden email]
>>  Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 2 de Agosto de 2017 10:37
>>  Assunto: Re: [Lame-dev] Website update
>> On 2017-08-02 14:32, Robert Hegemann wrote:
>>
>>> Wait,
>>>
>>> isn't the repository for the website there:
>>>
>>> http://lame.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lame/webpages/?sortby
>>> =date#dirlist
>>>
>>> in the website module?
>>>

>> Yes, that's correct.
>> So actually the docs pages are more recent than the website ones (for
>> the ones which are common)

o o | Josep Mª [JAZ]                |
 º  | Messenger: [hidden email] |
`-´ | Gtalk: [hidden email]      |