audiobook settings

THUFIR HAWAT
what are some good settings for audiobooks?  In the case of audiobooks,
it's just speaking, versus music.

I'm using:

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc ! id3mux

for ripping and mp3 encoding with sound juicer.  What would be a good rate?

thanks,

Thufir

Re: audiobook settings

Marty Huntzberry
I use this for my mp3 studies and audio books that I've first used mplayer to dump to a wav file:

lame -m m -b 24 --resample 22.05 file_in.wav file_out.mp3

Marty

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:30:52 +0100
Thufir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what are some good settings for audiobooks?  In the case of audiobooks,
> it's just speaking, versus music.
>
> I'm using:
>
> audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc ! id3mux
>
> for ripping and mp3 encoding with sound juicer.  What would be a good rate?
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

><>Marty<><

Visit my media server: http://linuxhippy.servemp3.com:8001/

Re: audiobook settings

Elad Karako
96 bit
44100
Sterio joint
Cbr

Is the ideal setting. Do not downsample to 32/22 !!!

Re: audiobook settings

Chris Holt
Sorry for the late reply (and somewhat off-topic post).

I'm curious why you feel it necessary to punctuate your warning with no
less than three exclamation points.

Downsampling to 32/22 Mono works very well for audiobooks and if the
source is clean, they will sound very good without all the wasted
bandwidth of "96 bit Sterio joint" (sic) files. (Which I'm guessing
means 96 kbps, Joint Stereo.)

Chris

Elad Karako wrote:

> 96 bit
> 44100
> Sterio joint
> Cbr
>
> Is the ideal setting. Do not downsample to 32/22 !!!

Re: audiobook settings

Elad Karako
Sorry- what??????

http://www.eset.com