decoding with the proper sample rate

Michael Winter
I am working with the lame api and need to know how to get the sample rate from the file so I can properly set:

lame_set_in_samplerate(lame, sr);

before running the decode process.

What is the best way to do so.

Re: decoding with the proper sample rate

Alexander Leidinger
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:50:16 -0700
Michael Winter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am working with the lame api and need to know how to get the sample
> rate from the file so I can properly set:
>
> lame_set_in_samplerate(lame, sr);
>
> before running the decode process.

If you talk about MP3 input, you better use an MP3 decoder(-library)
like libmpg123 or libmad instead of what we have in LAME (let's say
it is for internal use of LAME).

BTW: the frontend can serve as an example how to use the lib-API.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7