encode/decode silence

Michael Winter
How do I calculate the number of samples of silence in the encoding and decoding process so I can trim accordingly.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: encode/decode silence

Thomas Orgis
Am Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:27:25 -0700
schrieb Michael Winter <[hidden email]>:

> How do I calculate the number of samples of silence in the encoding and decoding process so I can trim accordingly.

Are you talking about the padding the encoder adds? That is recorded in
the Info frame by Lame; you also need to consider the delay of the
decoder. This is what libmpg123 does to deliver already trimmed output
by default, btw. If someone stepped up to help marrying lame with the
current version of libmpg123 (there's a fork of mpg123 code in use,
with some additions specific for Lame), you could get that
functionality directly from libmp3lame.

Alrighty then,

Thomas