lame & id3 tags

Marty Huntzberry
I have a bunch of mp3 files that are already tagged.  I want to re-compress them with lame to make the files smaller, but the id3 tags are lost while
encoding.  Is there a way to retain id3 tags with lame?

Marty

Re: lame & id3 tags

Rick H-2
Marty,

A Google search shows that Lame won't do this. Something called LAME4 may.

*However*

Google mp3 tag editor command line

One program is here:
http://ostermiller.org/mp3tagger/

You can do a bulk extract of the mp3 tags and then do a bulk restore after
you recompress with lame.

Good luck,

Rick

Re: lame & id3 tags