lame using faulty lowpass filter

Neil Ho
Hi

Does anybody notice that the lowpass filter

used by lame is seriously damaging the sound quality ?

The last version I tried is lame 3.97b3. still bad.

I will upload a comparision wave file if it's not fixed by now.

Re: lame using faulty lowpass filter

John Edwards-5
The version you refer to is at least 6 years out of date. The current
version is 3.99.5. Try that before commenting further. ;)