mp3rtp error

Surabhi Mishra
Hello All,

Need help regarding "mp3rtp" utility of lame.

I need to test it but do not have any sound input mechanism.

I have following questions:

a)Can I stream a .mp3 file using mp3rtp.

b)I get following error on runnin mp3rtp:

./mp3rtp 101.103.99.49:6666:100 Test1.mp3
connect IP_MULTICAST_LOOP failed.  multicast in kernel?
fatal error during initialization

Am I using the utility in wrong way ?

c)Can you also suggest a tool for receving the rtp ?

d)Is IPV6 implementation required for rtp.c file ?
If yes and if it will be a feature contribution then I am willing to do it.

Thanks And Regards,
Surabhi